As part of our Bong and Rig rental program, we are adding a Rosinbomb Rocket to the program. Spend $300 to foster it for 3 days or rent for $20 a day. Press Flower, Kief into Rosin.
Rosin is a solventless cannabis extract that is made by applying heat and pressure to cannabis plant material. It’s a popular method among enthusiasts looking to create a pure product without using solvents like butane or CO2. Here’s a general guide on how to make rosin using a rosin press:
- Rosin Press: There are many types of rosin presses available, from DIY setups to professional-grade machines.
- Parchment Paper: To collect the rosin.
- Cannabis Material: This could be flower, kief, or hash.
- Rosin Bags: If using kief or hash, these are micron filter bags to hold your material.
- Heat-Resistant Gloves: For safety, since the press can get very hot.
- Dabber Tool: For collecting the rosin.
- Unbleached Coffee Filter or Mesh Bag (optional): To hold the material if you don’t have rosin bags.
- If using cannabis flower, break it down into smaller pieces. Don’t grind it too fine as this can result in plant material in your final product.
- If using kief or hash, you may want to pack it into a rosin bag to keep it contained.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to size. It should be large enough to fold over your cannabis material.
- Press Setup:
- Turn on your rosin press and set it to the desired temperature. The common temperature range for pressing rosin is between 190°F and 220°F (88°C – 104°C). Lower temperatures generally yield a more flavorful, but less potent rosin, while higher temperatures yield more potent rosin with less flavor.
- Allow the press to heat up to the set temperature.
- Place your cannabis material or rosin bag between the folded parchment paper.
- Place the parchment paper with material in the press.
- Slowly bring the press plates together until they make contact with the parchment paper and the material inside.
- Apply pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your press. The pressure will need to be adjusted based on the type of material you’re pressing.
- Hold the pressure for about 45 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on the material and temperature. Flower typically requires more time than kief or hash.
- Once the time is up, carefully remove the parchment paper.
- Unfold the paper and you should see the rosin around the pressed material.
- Use a dabber tool to collect the rosin. It’s easier to collect if the rosin is allowed to cool for a short period as it will be less runny.
- Some people like to “cure” their rosin by storing it in a cool place, which can affect its consistency and flavor profile.
- Safety and Cleanliness:
- Always use heat-resistant gloves to prevent burns.
- Keep your press clean and in good working order.
Please remember that the production and possession of cannabis products are subject to varying laws depending on where you live. It’s important to be fully aware of and in compliance with the laws applicable to you.