On Nantucket we love our furry friends. I don’t think I know a person on island that does not have a pet. The other thing Nantucketer’s love? Cannabis.
At Ack Natural, we want to make sure that you keep your four legged friends safe. Below are a few tips on storing your cannabis.
As a responsible cannabis user, it’s important to store your products in a safe and secure manner, especially if you have pets in your home. While cannabis can be safe for human consumption, it can be toxic and even deadly for pets. In this blog, we’ll share some storage ideas that can help keep your cannabis out of reach from your furry friends.
- Use Child-Proof Containers: Child-proof containers are designed to be difficult for young children to open, making them a great option for storing your cannabis products. Look for containers with airtight lids that snap shut securely to keep the contents fresh and prevent curious pets from getting their paws on them. Ack Natural sells Cartwright bags which are fashionable lockable bags. Ack Natural also sells a humidor style lockable box called Cannador.
- Store Cannabis Products in a Locked Cabinet: Keeping your cannabis products in a locked cabinet or a locked room is an effective way to keep them out of reach from pets. This is especially important if you have small children or curious pets who are likely to explore and investigate.
- Use a Safe: If you have a large collection of cannabis products, you may want to consider storing them in a safe. Safes can be locked with a key or combination, providing an extra layer of security to keep your products out of reach from curious pets.
- Store Cannabis Products in High Places: If you don’t have a locked cabinet or safe, store your cannabis products in a high place that is out of reach from pets. This could be a high shelf, a locked closet, or a cabinet that has a latch that is too high for pets to reach.
- Keep Products in Original Packaging: Keeping your cannabis products in their original packaging is a simple and effective way to prevent pets from getting into them. Make sure to store these packages in a safe and secure location where pets cannot access them.
In conclusion, protecting your pets from potential exposure to cannabis products is an important responsibility of a responsible pet owner and cannabis user. By using these storage ideas, you can keep your cannabis products safe and out of reach from your furry friends.
If your pet does ingest cannabis, please call your vet right away.